Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Joy and Sorrow Mixed



As we plan to go back for Christmas. As we look forward to seeing our family and friends our joy and sorrow mixed because atleast four of our close relatives and friends are no more. They passed this world of trials and went to be with the Lord. I am sure they peacefully live with the Lord. But we human beings are here weeping for them.

Anyway it is our prayer that our presence with the remaining family will bring comfort, joy and blessings. The Lord has been good to my wife and me in our bereavement. Especially my wife knows how to take strength in the Lord. Even I wonder how she could go through all the bereavements. She instead comforts me from Philippians saying "Rejoice in the Lord always". She always says God is with us and helping us in our struggles. I really appreciate her prayer life. That give us joy.

We give thanks to God for providing us the airfare for going back to our family. We rejoice in the Lord, but at the same time even as we are in this world of trails we sorrow for the loved one who passed away in our absence. When we go the family will weep again but I pray that God will use us to bring comfort and joy to our family and friends.

No comments: