Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ral Pel EFC Golden Jubilee

My mother church Ral Pel Evangelical Free Church is going to celebrate it's 50th Aniversary in the coming Dec 27-29, 2007. What a privillege to be able to celebrate 50th Anniversary. Praise God.
It was my grand father Mr. Mangzela who found the church. My grand father who is still alive preached salvation by grace alone not of the good things we do, and emphasized praising God in singing (Lenkhawm zai). Because of these two issues the American Baptist Mission council in Chin state decided as follows:
1. Those who sing Lenkhawm zai are out of our church.
2. Those who play drum (Khuang) are out of our church.
3. Those who wear shawl (Mizo puanfen) are out of our church.
4. Those who use Mizo language in worship service are out of our church.
These are the basic reasons that my grand father had to start another church not knowing any thing to do. Most of the church members follow my grand father decision and from there there is no Baptist church in my village until 1995.
I am proud of having such a grand father who stood firm for his faith in spite of much criticisms. The church had to stand alone, depending on God alone because more than 90 percent of the christians are Baptists during those days. But he stood for his faith and trusted God for his guidance. And by the grace of God he found a denomination ( Evangelical Free Church of Myanmar) to join.
Praise God that the church could produce several full time ministers such as pastors, missionaries, and lecturers. I am sure that it is by the grace and guidance of God. Ral Pel EFC has been a mighty instrument in the hands of God.
I am proud and give thank to God that my father is right now the chairman of the church since they don't have a pastor. I am thankful to God that he chose me to serve him in full time. I served as a pastor in Myanmar for six years and now studying God's word in Malaysia.

Thank God for how He enabled my grand father to start a new church, how he blessed the church in producing full time workers in God's vineyard, how he guided the church. Especially how he guided our family. God has been helping us until this day. 'EBENEZER'.

No comments: