Wednesday, March 19, 2008

As I literally Carry the Cross



Today we STM have day of prayer and fasting, where by we reflect the sufferings and death of Christ. Our theme is “Lord! Jesus, help us to walk in your steps.”
Each pastoral group is assigned to make stations such as Gethsemane, Jesus cross, Jesus tomb etc. As I went around each station it reminds me of the sufferings and death of Jesus Christ for me sinner. In one particular station, there is a cross to literally carry and walk. I saw some students carrying the cross, at first I thought unnecessary and shame to carry the cross in front of many students and lecturers. I went there and had prayer reflecting the sufferings of Christ; I told Jesus that my soul is struggling to carry the cross. As I prayed my spirit inside compel me to carry the cross and walk. And I took the cross and walk some questions came to me
1. Do you feel a shame to carry the cross?
2. Are you ready to follow the foot steps of Christ?
3. Are you willing to pay the price in following Christ?
4. Are you willing to carry your own cross and follow Christ daily?
Phil 1:29 came to my mind which says, “For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for him.” Yes, Lord I will follow you. Please help me so....
Simply to thy Cross I cling

No comments: