Sunday, March 16, 2008

EFCMalaysia Conference Reflection 1


It is a privilege for me to attend EFCMalaysia Conference. EFCMalaysia conference is not like EFCMyanmar conference where we discussed administration, money and etc…. But for them it is purely for spiritual purpose. I would say it is “a spiritual conference”. The theme of the Conference is on Reviving the church. The speaker is Rev. Edmund Chan from Covenant EFC, Singapore. God mightily uses Rev. Edmund to revive many lives and many of us made commitments. I did made some commitments.
I could not join the first night; I joined from the second session. He preached on “Leadership Spirituality and Soul Fatigue” where he talks about inner spiritual formation. He says “ministry is an overflow of inner life”. He goes on to say that to build the inner spiritual life and to revive spiritual life there is no direct way. We need to read the Bible and maintain quiet time. I realized and confessed that I failed to do so. Being a Bible College student, there are times I failed to have quiet time. There are times I could not give my time for quiet time- reading the Bible and meditate on it and prayers. There are times I simply could not have quite time due to my spiritual dryness. There are times, my academic readings and writing papers withered my spiritual life. There are times, my struggle of writings and readings make me down, pulls me into the pit and …… I swim in the sea…. I lost the joy of being in the present of God having relationship with Him in quiet time.
I realized and confessed that I failed to see God’s face. I made a commitment to maintain regular quiet times. I pray that He will enable me so……. And I strongly believe lives will be touched and revived as a result of an overflow of my inner spiritual life.

No comments: