Friday, August 29, 2008

Orissa Christians persecution

More than 600 churches have been demolished, 4,000 Christians forced to flee from their villages, and at least 25 killed as a result of violent persecution in the state of Orissa in eastern India. For detail click here: http://www.christianpersecution.info/news/new-wave-of-violence-against-christians-in-orissa-state-15234/

I could not understand why Christians in Orissa suffer? Why God allows it? Is God our Refuge? Is he our Comforter, Advocate? Why not God protect them miraculously? The Christians in Orissa suffered a lot. Christians were killed, churches burned or destroyed, Christians properties destroyed set fire etc. Why? Why? Why?
We may not understand right now, but I strongly believe that God will work in and through the situation. The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church. I pray that Orissa will become Christians' state.
I remember we passed through some of the cities when we went to Hyderabad. And immediately my mind recollect one of my class mates Shakti in http://www.bharatbible.org/ and some of other friends from Orissa, I am sure they are serving the Lord. Although I did not hear for long time, but I am sure that they are suffering for the shake of Christ.
I am praying that they may count it as joy when they suffer for the name of Christ.
God of mercy! please hear the cries of thy children all over the world. Bless Orissa.

No comments: