Monday, November 10, 2008

Challenging God for 50 RM




I honestly prayed and challenged God for my financial needs to going to Chin people in various parts of KL. At the moment, my wife and I are struggling to manage our allowance. We estimated for food, traveling expenses, etc. and cannot cover for this ministry. My wife said, “we don’t go.” That’s questions me whether to go in faith or to stop going because we don’t have money. I honestly prayed and challenge God saying “Lord, provide my need of 50RM to going to our people in KL to comfort bereaved family in Imbi-KL, to encourage friends to trust in God in times to needs in Wangsa Maju, and Loke Yew, and to preach at Zahnak Tlang Fellowship in Loke Yew.” Then, I said to my wife, “please give me the tithe that we set apart. I will spend it for this ministry. If God provides, we will keep it back. Unless he provides, it’s ok to spend God’s money (tithes) for ministry. Let’s just go by faith.” To my surprise God did provide exactly RM 50 through one of our friends. RM 50 is of course a small amount to many, but at that time it was a big amount. It speaks the greatness of God, the unfailing God who provides my needs. It gives me strength to trust for great things as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is faithful to provide His people on time