Sunday, November 2, 2008

HIV/AIDS among Myanmar Refugees workers in Malaysia

Last Saturday (31st, Oct, 2008) I happened to visit Community Care Home in Batu Orang in Rawang. I am amazed to hear and see that half (at least 50) of them are from Myanmar refugees workers. Malaysia has many foreign workers both legal and illegal. These include Indonesia, Myanmar, India, Bangladesh, Nepal etc. But in the CARE Home only few from Bangladesh. But the rest are Malaysians and Myanmarese. This raise questions in my mind why not the other country men? Why more Myanmarese? Because Myanmarese do not know how to live in proper way and can't control themselves from worldly pleasures? Yes, Of course this may be the major player in causing HIV/AIDS among Myanmarese workers.
I am so sorry for my country men, suffering this incurable decease. But I encourage them to have hope in the life to come. In this life their hope may vanish, but in Christianity we have hope in Christ who victoriously resurrected from the death.
I pray that they may find HOPE in Christ.

No comments: