Sunday, February 10, 2008

Talks with Taxi Drivers


My wife and I went to Kuala Lumpur to see our friends and attend Chin church. As we went, we hired a Taxi which driver was a Chinese old man. He loves talking. As we talked about how Christians behave outside world. He mentioned that some Christian’s girls/ boys are dancing and enjoying in the night clubs. They wore very sexy clothing. Even they don’t mind having sex outside marriage/ before marriage. But on Sunday morning they go to church, change their clothes and ask forgiveness from God. “Lord, I have wronged, I have sinned against you, please! please! forgive me”, but they repeat the same kind of sin.
As we came back to STM where we are studying we hired a taxi which driver now is an Indian old man. He is asking me what I am doing. I said I am studying in theological college, studying about God. And he said you must know the Bible quite well. I answered not that much. Then he said there is a god, right? I said, yes, there is God. Then he asked why there are problems, hatred, and chaos, in the world? I said it is because of human sin. But you know he quotes the last temptation of Jesus and 1John 5:19 and said that the world belongs to Satan. The world is under the control of Satan. That is why there are problems, hatred, and chaos, in the world. Jesus commands us to love our neighbor as much as we love ourselves. But can we love our neighbors that much? Why can’t we love our neighbor?
We have a nice talk… but we reached STM….he defeated me….. Taxi drivers are smart too in Bible knowledge as well.

No comments: